Following the traditional Project Team Model, our company works with a consortium of self-employed Professional Engineers, Certified Industrial Hygienists, Certified Safety Professionals and other small business entities to assemble project teams tailored to our Clients' work. All projects related to RF safety are led by our CEO, Bob Curtis, and technical experts used on his projects come primarily from his colleagues on the IEEE RF standards committees, at the Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Utah College of Medicine, and at IHI, Inc., a preeminent industrial hygiene and environmental engineering firm headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Robert A. Curtis, EE, MSCE, CIH
- 30 years of senior IH Engineering field experience with the US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Health Response Team
- OSHA experience included 25 years developing RF field survey procedures, demonstrating practical RF controls and implementing RF compliance policies.
- Recognized as the Agency’s National RF expert and represented the Agency on inter-governmental, international, and professional organizations developing RF safety standards, including OSHA, FCC and ANSI/IEEE RF exposure limits and controls for effective RF Safety programs.
- 5 years IH Engineering with Stanford Research Institute and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Utah, M.S., Civil Engineering (Environmental), Stanford University
- Board Certified in the Comprehensive Practice of Industrial Hygiene by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene since 1977.
- Recipient of the AIHA Edward J. Baier Technical Achievement Award, 2009, Government Reinvention award from Vice President Al Gore, and multiple awards from the Secretary of Labor.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE) Standards Association and SCC 28 Parent and C95 Subcommittees responsible for setting IEEE and ANSI standards for RF exposure and controls, 1988 - present.
- Clinical Faculty, University of Utah College of Medicine, 1977-2008. Instructor, AIHCe Professional Development Courses in Non-Ionizing Radiation, 1985- 2004, and member of the AIHA Non-Ionizing Radiation Committee, 1985-present.